ERS Participates in USDA’s Agricultural Outlook Forum, Feb. 18-19, 2021
This year’s theme – Building on Innovation: A Pathway to Resilience – speaks well to our mission at ERS to provide timely, relevant, and objective economic research on emerging needs and challenges relating to agriculture, food, the environment and rural America.
Part of resiliency is being ready and able to address challenges on the horizon, which is why ERS provides a range of products to support farmers, consumers and policymakers when addressing current challenges.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current restrictions on large gatherings, this event will be held virtually and will be free to attend.
Visit the ERS Virtual Booth!
Visit the ERS virtual booth to speak directly with ERS presenters, economists and staff members throughout the conference.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2021
Food Price & Farm Income Outlooks 1:30 - 3:00 PM ET
Food Price Outlook
- Moderator: Spiro Stefanou, Administrator
- Speaker: Carolyn Chelius, Agricultural Economist
Food Price & Farm Income Outlooks 3:30 – 5:00 PM ET
USDA Farm Income Forecast
- Speaker: Carrie Litkowski, Senior Economist
U.S. Trade & The Global Market Place
China’s Animal Protein Market & Feed Demand–The Long-term Outlook
- Speaker: Fred Gale, Senior Economist
Managing Risk & Ensuring Sustainability
- Speaker: William Hahn, Economist
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2021
Innovation and Technology 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
Evidence on the Efficiency Advantage of Application of Precision Agriculture
- Speaker: Roberto Mosheim, Research Economist
Managing Risk & Ensuring Sustainability 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
U.S. Organic Production, Markets, Consumers, and Policy, 2000-2020
- Speaker: Andrea Carlson, Senior Economist
Commodity Outlooks 10:00 - 11:30 AM ET
- Moderator: Andrew Sowell, Agricultural Economist
Lunch Session 11:30 - 12:45 PM ET
Data-driven Insights at Economic Research Service
- Speaker: Jeff Hopkins, Farm Economy Branch Chief
Commodity Outlooks 1:00 - 2:30 PM ET
- Moderator: Leslie Meyer, Senior Agricultural Economist
Innovation and Technology 3:00 - 4:30 PM ET
Water Quantity, Quality and Cost: A Look at Water Science and Policy
- Moderator: Aaron Hrozencik, Research Agricultural Economist
Follow us Live!
Follow along with #AgOutlook and #USDAScience
ERS Ag Outlook Materials
- USDA Agricultural Projections to 2030
- Outlook for U.S. Agricultural Trade
- Livestock, Dairy, and Poultry Outlook
- Cotton and Wool Outlook
- Feed Outlook
- Oil Crops Outlook
- Rice Outlook
- Sugar & Sweeteners Outlook
- Wheat Outlook
- Fruit & Tree Nut Outlook
- Vegetables & Pulses Outlook
- Food Price Outlook
Click here for the latest ERS reports, Amber Waves articles, working papers, and more.
Upcoming Reports & Publications
Click here for a list of upcoming ERS publications and data products.