Agricultural Baseline Database
The Agricultural Baseline Database provides a custom-query app that enables the user to access the 10-year projections for the U.S. farm sector. The projections that are included in the annual baseline early-release tables are released each November and are in the more comprehensive annual USDA Agricultural Projections report, published the following February.
In addition to projections for major U.S. farm commodities, the report provides additional projections for U.S. farm income and U.S. agricultural trade, as well as projections for international macroeconomic conditions and global agricultural trade. The app database provides the USDA projections made in the current year, and in previous years back to 2000. The projections are made for major U.S. field crops (corn, sorghum, barley, oats, wheat, rice, sugar, soybeans, and upland cotton) and livestock (cattle, hogs, poultry and eggs, and dairy).
The Agricultural Baseline Projections Topic Page provides a listing of the main baseline-related products listed below.
- The U.S. farm sector projections included in this database are taken from “early-release” tables available in early November each year, following the October World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates (WASDE), and prior to the release of the full USDA Agricultural Projections report the following February. The latest early release tables with 10-year projections for the U.S farm sector and U.S. and global macroeconomic projections are available on the ERS website and the Mann Library site. Upon publication of the full report in February, additional tables are available covering U.S. farm income, U.S. agricultural trade, and international agricultural trade. Current and historical projections and tables dating back to 1993 are housed on the Mann Library site. For more recent years, the data also include a machine readable .csv file and a readme.txt file.
- Errata: On November 21, 2022, Table 1, “Global GDP Shares and GDP Growth Assumption to 2032”, of the zip file containing macroeconomic projections was reposted to correct errors in historical and projected average gross domestic product (GDP) growth. No other tables were affected by the error.
- The U.S. and global macroeconomic projections included in the early-release tables are not included in the custom query app.
- A data visualization contains select attributes of the current year’s U.S. farm sector projections, along with historical data since 1998 from the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) Quick Stats database and brief explanatory text.
- Click "Enter the App" below to make custom queries from current and past editions of the Agricultural Baseline Projections for U.S. commodities and attributes (some data now released early).