Agricultural Productivity in the U.S.
This data product provides estimates of productivity growth in the U.S. farm sector for 1948-2019 (table 1), and estimates of output, inputs, and the growth and relative levels of productivity across U.S. States for 1960-2004 (tables 3-23). Tables also include price and quantity indices for agricultural outputs and inputs (table 1a), and summarize sources of growth (table 2).
The next update to this data product—planned for early 2024—is expected to contain estimates for the U.S. aggregate accounts through 2021.
Note that the national data series has been revised (see Update and Revision History for details), and updates of the State-level statistics are suspended in light of reduced ERS resources and the discontinuance of key source data series. The quality of the national statistics is preserved.
- National Tables
- CSV Format of National Data
- State-Level Tables, Relative Level Indices and Growth, 1960-2004-Outputs
- State-Level Tables, Relative Level Indices and Growth, 1960-2004-Inputs
- State-Level Tables, Relative Level Indices and Growth, 1960-2004-Total Factor Productivity
- State Ranking Tables
- State-Level Tables, Price Indices and Implicit Quantities of Farm Outputs and Inputs by State, 1960-2004