Vegetables and Pulses Data
Vegetables and Pulses Data provides users with comprehensive statistics on fresh and processed vegetables and dry pulses in the United States, as well as some global data for these sectors. It integrates data from the ERS market outlook program with data collected by different Federal and international statistical agencies to facilitate analyses of economic performance over time, and across domestic and foreign markets. Currently, data are located in the following inter-related products:
- Selected Weekly Fresh-Market Vegetable Movement and Price describes the change in shipment volume, farm prices, and retail prices of select vegetables for the week noted. Volume and prices reflect weekly marketing and supply chain conditions which can be affected by various factors including pests, weather, imports, exports, retail promotions, and labor disruptions.
- Data by Category (e.g., price, production, etc.) provides current monthly U.S. import and export data, producer and retail price indexes, and selected monthly retail prices.
- Data by Commodity provides current import and export data for more than 40 individual fresh and processed vegetable and pulse commodities on a marketing-year basis.
- Yearbook Tables (in Excel and PDF) contain a time series of the annual per capita supply and use data for fresh and processed vegetables and for dry pulse crops. Included are U.S. production, exports, imports, per capita utilization, and prices.
- Outlook Tables (in Excel and PDF) contain limited historical (through April 2013) monthly and quarterly data for vegetable and pulses trade and cash receipts, as well as data on fresh vegetables, processed vegetables, potatoes, and dry pulses (dry edible beans and dry peas and lentils).
This data product is a work in progress. For help understanding the data, see Documentation.