Fruit & Vegetable Marketing Orders
Marketing orders and marketing agreements help stabilize market
conditions for fruit and vegetable products. Marketing orders and
agreements may do the following:
- Maintain the high quality of produce that is on the
- Standardize packages and containers;
- Regulate the flow of product to market;
- Establish reserve pools for storable commodities; and
- Authorize production research, marketing research and
development, and advertising.
Presently, there are 32 active marketing orders and agreements.
USDA's Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) maintains a summary of
active marketing orders and agreements for fruits,
vegetables, and nuts. AMS also maintains an overview of fruit, vegetable, and specialty crop