Food Consumption, Prices, and Expenditures, 1970-97
by Judith Jones Putnam and Jane E. Allshouse
Statistical Bulletin No. (SB-965) 189 pp, April 1999
This annual bestseller presents historical data on food consumption, prices, and expenditures by commodity and commodity group, supply and use, prices, total expenditures, and U.S. income and population. Includes 29 charts dealing with food consumption trends, from changes in per capita consumption, to share of income spent for food.
Keywords: food consumption, disappearance data, food use data, food supply, nutrients available for consumption, retail food prices, expenditures
In this publication...
- Entire report 738 kb
- Front matter (title page, contents, list of tables, list of figures, summary) 56 kb
- Introduction; The System for Measuring Food Consumption 30 kb
- The Data 84 kb
- Determinants of Food Consumption and Demand 24 kb
- Food Prices 22 kb
- Food Expenditures and Income 36 kb
- Food Consumption 56 kb
- Nutrients 44 kb
- Tables 1-41: Per Capita Food Consumption, 1970-97 154 kb
- Tables 42-43: Nutrients, 1970-94 23 kb
- Tables 44-93: Supply and Utilization, 1970-97 215 kb
- Tables 94-98: Prices, 1970-97 40 kb
- Tables 99-100: Income and Expenditures, 1970-97 9 kb
- Tables 101-106: Total Expenditures, 1970-97 24 kb
- Table 107: Other, 1970-98 (U.S. population) 6 kb
- Figures 90 kb
Need help with PDFs?