Food Consumption, Prices, and Expenditures, 1970-97
by Judith Jones Putnam and Jane E. Allshouse
Statistical Bulletin No. (SB-965) 189 pp, April 1999
This annual bestseller presents historical data on food consumption, prices, and expenditures by commodity and commodity group, supply and use, prices, total expenditures, and U.S. income and population. Includes 29 charts dealing with food consumption trends, from changes in per capita consumption, to share of income spent for food.
Keywords: food consumption, disappearance data, food use data, food supply, nutrients available for consumption, retail food prices, expenditures
In this publication...
- Front matter (title page, contents, list of tables, list of figures, summary),
- Introduction; The System for Measuring Food Consumption,
- The Data,
- Determinants of Food Consumption and Demand,
- Food Prices,
- Food Expenditures and Income,
- Food Consumption,
- Tables 1-41: Per Capita Food Consumption, 1970-97,
- Tables 42-43: Nutrients, 1970-94,
- Tables 44-93: Supply and Utilization, 1970-97,
- Tables 94-98: Prices, 1970-97,
- Tables 99-100: Income and Expenditures, 1970-97,
- Tables 101-106: Total Expenditures, 1970-97,
- Table 107: Other, 1970-98 (U.S. population),
- Entire report,
Need help with PDFs?