Rice Outlook: May 2012
by Nathan Childs
Outlook No. (RCS-12e) 32 pp, May 2012
The total supplies of U.S. rice in 2012/13 are projected at 239.0 million hundred weight (cwt), a decline of 6 percent from a year earlier and the smallest since 2000/01. A big decline in carryin and a slightly smaller crop are projected to more than offset higher imports.
Keywords: rice, long grain, medium grain, short grain, exports
In this publication...
- Entire report, 385 kb
- Table 1—U.S. rice supply and use, 39 kb
- Table 2—U.S. rice supply and use, by class, 45 kb
- Table 3—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings, 34 kb
- Table 4—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings by class, 36 kb
- Table 5—USDA-calculated world market rice prices (rough basis), 32 kb
- Table 6—U.S. commercial rice imports, 37 kb
- Table 7—U.S. commercial rice exports, 46 kb
- Table 8 -U.S., Thailand, and Vietnam price quotes, 39 kb
- Table 9—Global rice producers: 2009/10-2011/12 monthly revisions and annual changes, 49 kb
- Table 10—Global rice exporters, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes, 38 kb
- Table 11—Global rice importers, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes, 51 kb
Need help with PDFs?