Rice Outlook: April 2012
by Nathan Childs
Outlook No. (RCS-12d) 32 pp, April 2012
The first survey-based indication of 2012/13 U.S. rice plantings peg area at 2.56 million acres, down 5 percent from a year earlier and the smallest since 1987/88. Medium-grain accounts for all of the indicated decline. Growers indicated smaller plantings in all reported States except Louisiana and Missouri.
Keywords: rice, long grain, medium grain, short grain, exports
In this publication...
- Entire report,
- Table 1—U.S. rice supply and use 1/,
- Table 2—U.S. rice supply and use, by class 1/,
- Table 3—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings,
- Table 4—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings by class,
- Table 5—USDA-calculated world market rice prices (rough basis) 1/ ,
- Table 6—U.S. commercial rice imports 1/ ,
- Table 7—U.S. commercial rice exports,
- Table 8 -U.S., Thailand, and Vietnam price quotes,
- Table 9—Global rice producers: 2009/10-2011/12 monthly revisions and annual changes,
- Table 10—Global rice exporters, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes,
- Table 11—Global rice importers, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes,
Need help with PDFs?