Rice Outlook: January 2012
by Nathan Childs
Outlook No. (RCS-12a) 33 pp, January 2012
This month, the 2011/12 U.S. rice crop estimate was lowered 3.1 million cwt to 185.0 million cwt, down 24 percent from the year-earlier record and the smallest U.S. rice crop since 1998/99. Production estimates were lowered for both long-grain and combined
medium- and short-grain rice.
Keywords: rice, long grain, medium grain, short grain, exports
In this publication...
- Entire report,
- Table 1—U.S. rice supply and use,
- Table 2—U.S. rice supply and use, by class ,
- Table 3—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings,
- Table 4—U.S. monthly average farm prices and marketings by class,
- Table 5—USDA-calculated world market rice prices (rough basis),
- Table 6—U.S. commercial rice imports,
- Table 7—U.S. commercial rice exports,
- Table 8 -U.S., Thailand, and Vietnam price quotes,
- Table 9—Global rice producers: 2009/10-2011/12 monthly revisions and annual changes,
- Table 10—Global rice exporters, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes,
- Table 11—Global rice importers, calendar years 2010-2012; monthly revisions and annual changes,
Need help with PDFs?