Rural America, Vol. 17, Issue 4
by Douglas Bowers
Rural America No. (RA-174) 86 pp, January 2003
This issue discusses a number of topics concerning rural America, including rural population loss and migration, recreation counties and their rapid growth, U.S.-China trade, federal funding in rural America, rural land ownership, rural infrastructure, and rural employment growth. Updates on rural conditions and trends include data on migration, rural poverty, and jobs and earnings.
Keywords: China trade, federal funding in rural America, rural land ownership, rural infrastructure, and rural employment growth
In this publication...
- Contents, 684 kb
- Frontmatter, 47 kb
- Understanding Rural Population Loss, 1,108 kb
- Nonmetro Recreation Counties:Their Identification and Rapid Growth, 438 kb
- Federal Funding in the Delta, 333 kb
- Federal Funding in Appalachia and Its Three Subregions, 319 kb
- Can Rural Employment Benefit From Changing Labor Skills in U.S. Processed Food Trade?, , 141 kb
- Economic Impact of Water/Sewer Facilities on Rural and Urban Communities, 91 kb
- Resource Conservation and Development Program Reaches a Milestone, 85 kb
- Who Owns the Land?: Agricultural Land Ownership by Race/Ethnicity, 175 kb
- How Does Growing U.S.-China Trade Affect Rural America?, 148 kb
- Farewell Rural America, 411 kb
- Nonmetro Migration Continues Downward Trend, 182 kb
- Rural Poverty: Rural Poverty at Record Low in 2000, 126 kb
- Jobs and Earnings: Rural Earnings Up in 2000, But Much Less Than Urban Earnings, 1,616 kb
- New Magazine Article, 21 kb
- Entire report, 5,689 kb
Need help with PDFs?