Investing in People: Assessing the Economic Benefits of 1890 Institutions
by Abebayehu Tegene
, Anne Effland
, Nicole Ballenger, George Norton, Albert Essel, Gerald Larson, and Winfrey Clarke
Miscellaneous Publication No. (MP-1583) 36 pp, April 2002
The report examines the historical USDA funding levels of 1890 institutions; discusses the outcomes of these investments and potential measurable indicators of these outcomes; and outlines a conceptual model for estimating returns to investment in education tailored to particularities of the 1890's.
Keywords: 1890's, land-grant universities, human capital, extension service, agricultural research, research funding
In this publication...
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, Foreword, 155 kb
- Contents, 9 kb
- Summary, 118 kb
- Introduction, 17 kb
- Funding the 1890 Institutions, 40 kb
- Identifying Measurable Administrative Indicators, 27 kb
- Exploring Conceptual Frameworks, 30 kb
- Next Steps for the Partnership, 9 kb
- References, 20 kb
- Appendices, 26 kb
- Entire report, 371 kb
Need help with PDFs?