Informing Food and Nutrition Assistance Policy: 10 Years of Research at ERS
by Victor Oliveira
Miscellaneous Publication No. (MP-1598) 62 pp, December 2007
Since 1998, Congress has provided funds to ERS to study and evaluate the Nation’s domestic food and nutrition assistance programs. ERS has become the premier source of food and nutrition assistance research in the United States, sponsoring over 600 publications on a wide range of topics related to food and nutrition assistance. This report, prepared at the 10-year anniversary of the FANRP program, highlights some of the key research conducted during the program’s first decade.
Keywords: Food and nutrition assistance, FANRP, Food Stamp Program, child nutrition programs, WIC, economic linkages, income volatility, welfare reform, food security, childhood obesity, dietary reference standards, data development
In this publication...
- Abstract and Contents, 223 kb
- Introduction, 528 kb
- Food Stamp Program Research, 295 kb
- Child Nutrition Programs Research, 293 kb
- WIC Program Research, 334 kb
- Linkages With the Economy, 207 kb
- Income Volatility, 174 kb
- Welfare Reform, 238 kb
- Food Security, 293 kb
- Childhood Obesity, 298 kb
- Dietary Reference Standards and Nutrition Monitoring, 208 kb
- Data Development, 159 kb
- Addressing the Future, 99 kb
- References, 77 kb
- Appendix, 60 kb
- Entire document, 2,821 kb
Need help with PDFs?
See also FANRP Research Findings