New Directions in Global Food Markets
by Anita Regmi and Mark Gehlhar
Agriculture Information Bulletin No. (AIB-794) 81 pp, February 2005
This report describes how consumer preferences are driving changes in global food supply chains, including growth in private label sales and expansion of multinational retailers and manufacturers in developing countries.
Keywords: global food markets, retail market, supply chains, high-value foods, food manufacturers, private labels, industry concentration
In this publication...
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, and Contents, 70 kb
- Summary, 48 kb
- Introduction, 95 kb
- Factors Shaping Global Food Markets, 140 kb
- Demand for Quality Drives Changes in Food Supply Chains, 134 kb
- Retail Sector Responses to Changing Consumer Preferences, 165 kb
- Supermarket Expansion in Latin America and Asia, 98 kb
- Global Food Manufacturing Reorients To Meet New Demands, 168 kb
- Appendices, 58 kb
- Entire Report, 616 kb
Need help with PDFs?