Traceability in the U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory and Industry Studies
by Elise Golan, Barry Krissoff
, Fred Kuchler
, Linda Calvin
, Kenneth Nelson, and Gregory Price
Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER-830) 56 pp, March 2004
This investigation into the traceability baseline in the United States finds that private sector food firms have developed a substantial capacity to trace.
Keywords: traceability, traceback, tracking, recall, tracing, supply-side management, food safety, product differentiation
In this publication...
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, Contents,
- Introduction and Methodology,
- Efficient Traceability Systems Vary,
- Industry Studies: Private-Sector Traceability Systems Balance Private Costs and Benefits,
- Market Failure in the Supply of Traceability: Industry and Government Response,
- Entire report,
Need help with PDFs?
See also a related brochure