Traceability in the U.S. Food Supply: Economic Theory and Industry Studies
by Elise Golan, Barry Krissoff, Fred Kuchler
, Linda Calvin
, Kenneth Nelson, and Gregory Price
Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER-830) 56 pp, March 2004
This investigation into the traceability baseline in the United States finds that private sector food firms have developed a substantial capacity to trace.
Keywords: traceability, traceback, tracking, recall, tracing, supply-side management, food safety, product differentiation
In this publication...
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, Contents, 19 kb
- Summary, 19 kb
- Introduction and Methodology, 17 kb
- Efficient Traceability Systems Vary, 64 kb
- Industry Studies: Private-Sector Traceability Systems Balance Private Costs and Benefits, 97 kb
- Market Failure in the Supply of Traceability: Industry and Government Response, 38 kb
- Conclusions, 18 kb
- References, 25 kb
- Entire report, 255 kb
Need help with PDFs?
See also a related brochure