Vertical Coordination of Marketing Systems: Lessons From the Poultry, Egg and Pork Industries
by Stephen Martinez
Agricultural Economic Report No. (AER-807) 45 pp, May 2002
The report examines the role of contracts and vertical integration in reducing transaction costs. The report further explores benefits from new methods of vertical coordination and the implications for future research.
Keywords: Vertical coordination, vertical integration, contracts, transaction cost economics, technology, measuring and sorting costs, poultry, pork
In this publication...
- Table of Contents, 55 kb
- Abstract, Acknowledgments, Contents, 72 kb
- Summary, 57 kb
- Introduction, 56 kb
- Evolution of Vertical Coordination in the Poultry, Egg, and Pork Industries, 73 kb
- Incentives for Contracting and Vertical Integration: A Transaction Cost Approach, 71 kb
- The Viability of Spot-Market Transactions in the Poultry, Egg, and Pork Industries, 89 kb
- Marketing Contracts, Production Contracts, or Vertical Integration?, 74 kb
- Beyond Transaction Costs: Benefit Effects From Contracting and Vertical Integration, 82 kb
- Conclusions, 56 kb
- Selected References, 79 kb
- Appendix A, 58 kb
- Appendix B, 55 kb
- Appendix C, 209 kb
- Appendix D, 56 kb
- Entire report, 365 kb
Need help with PDFs?