The Yearbook tables contain a time series of annual and monthly data for U.S. farm acreage, production, prices, trade, per capita use, and more. Eventually, all data currently contained in the Yearbook tables will be in the Data by Category and Data by Commodity series.
Click here for the 2012 Vegetables and Pulses Yearbook tables. The Yearbook tables from previous years are also available.
This report, originally released on May 31, 2012, was reissued in November 2012 with corrections to the following tables:
Table 1. U.S. per capita use of fresh & processing vegetables, 1970-2011
Table 19. U.S. fresh-market mushrooms: Supply, disappearance, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
Table 22. U.S. fresh-market potatoes: Supply, utilization, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
Table 27. U.S. sweet potatoes, all uses: Supply, utilization, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
Table 42. U.S. mushrooms for processing: Supply, disappearance, & price, farm weight, 1970-2011
Table 47. U.S. potatoes for freezing: Supply & disappearance, farm weight, 1970-2011
Table 130. Potatoes: U.S. per capita utilization, by category, 1970-2011
Table 142. Potatoes, fresh: U.S. retail price, marketing spread, & grower-packer return, 1980-2011
Table 143. Potatoes: Selected U.S. imports, by type, calendar 1980-2011
Table 144. Potatoes: Selected U.S. exports, by type, calendar 1980-2011
Table 147. Sweet potatoes: U.S. monthly export & import volume, crop years 1990/91-2011/12
Table 148. Dry edible beans: U.S. per capita disappearance (use) for selected classes, 1970-2011
Table 155. Dry edible beans: U.S. imports, by class, 1980-2011
Table 156. Selected dry beans: U.S. export value to selected countries & the world, 2007-11
Table 157. Dry edible beans: U.S. exports, by class, 1980-2011
Table 162. Dry peas & lentils: U.S. exports, by class, 1980-2011
Table 163. Dry peas & lentils: U.S. imports, by class, 1980-2011
Table 164. Mushrooms, all: U.S. per capita utilization, 1970/71-2010/11
Table 168. Mushrooms: U.S. monthly & annual imports, 1995/96-2011/12
Table 169. Mushrooms, fresh-market & canned: U.S. monthly & annual exports, 1990/91-2011/12
Beginning in 2012, there are several changes to the Yearbook data tables.
- The previous Vegetables and Melons Yearbook tables have been renamed Vegetables and Pulses Yearbook tables.
- Tables have been re-organized into 11 categories for easier access: General; Supply and Utilization-Fresh Market; Supply and Utilization-Processed Market; Fresh Market; Processed Market; Potatoes; Sweet Potatoes; Dry Edible Beans; Dry Peas and Lentils; Mushrooms; and Specialty Vegetables. See the read.me file or Table of Contents for details on specific table numbers and order.
- Market analysis and data coverage for melons will be included in the Fruit and Tree Nuts Yearbook. Market analysis and data for melons for years prior to 2012 can be still be found in this Vegetable and Pulses Yearbook and earlier editions of the Vegetables and Melons Yearbook.
- Forecasted data are no longer included in the yearbook tables. Forecasts for aggregate groups, such as fresh-market vegetables, processing vegetables, potatoes, and pulses, are provided in the "U.S. Vegetable at a Glance" table of the quarterly Vegetables and Pulses Outlook and in the USDA Agricultural Baseline Projections (10-year ERS baseline forecasts).
- Updates to select tables (identified by footnotes at the bottom of the table) are now available in the Data by Category section of Vegetable and Pulses Data, providing more timely access to data. Vegetable and Pulses Data by Category now contains producer and retail price indexes and selected retail prices. Eventually, all data contained in the Vegetables and Pulses Yearbook tables will become part of the Vegetables and Pulses Data by Category and Data by Commodity series.