What is the ERS Distance Learning Program?
The ERS Distance Learning Program links ERS with minority-serving universities and their students to enhance the instruction, understanding, and discussion of food and agricultural policy.
- Leverages ERS expertise in key policy areas;
- Introduces students and faculty to ERS researchers engaged in policy research;
- Increases students' interest in careers in agricultural economics;
- Improves the diversity of faculty and students with policy analysis expertise; and
- Builds stronger relationships and collaborative networks between ERS researchers and minority-serving institutions.
How does the program work?
Each semester, ERS researchers give presentations on timely and policy-relevant topics that broadly cover issues pertaining to food and agricultural policy. The presentations are delivered directly to the classrooms of participating institutions using interactive, real-time technologies. Students interact with ERS researchers by asking questions during the presentation and by giving their own presentations.
Spring 2014 Seminar Schedule (all seminars will be given on Tuesdays beginning at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time):
To register for a seminar, please send an email to Hodan Farah Wells.